Ministry Director: Diane Heckman
Together with Jesus, we can impact a Child’s DESTINY.
D – Discipleship
We lead children who have received Christ to become more and more like Him… (Romans 8:29)
- To help each child understand that God’s Word is personally relevant and that growth in Bible knowledge results in positive changes in attitudes and conduct.
- To help each child understand and appreciate God’s heart for all peoples and to be confident in his/her ability to share Christ with those who do not yet know Him.
E – Evangelize
We proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to children in our community; and then help guide them to a saving knowledge of Him…(I John 1:3)
- To help each child understand that God is real and that a personal relationship with Him gives meaning and purpose to life.
- To help each child understand what it means to receive Jesus Christ as Savior, and then to help him grow as a fully-devoted follower.
S – Serve
We lead by example… (I Peter 2:21; I Corinthians 11:1)
- To provide each child opportunities to participate in corporate worship and personal service as a member of the Body of Christ.
T – Teach
We instruct by precept, example, and experience) and Train (direct growth so as to make fit, qualified, proficient…(2 Timothy 3:14-17)
- To support families in their God-given responsibility for the spiritual growth and nurture of their children.
- To fully train and equip our CE Team Members to serve as godly role models as they minister to and with children.
- To provide quality curriculum and other resources to assist our Team Members in discipling each child.
I – Intercede
We love our kids and lift them up in prayer… (Colossians 1:9-14)
N – Nuture
We further the development of (John 21:16)
- To help each child grow in relationships with other believers.
Y – YOUNGSTERS!!!
Children’s ministry also happens during LDI on Wednesday Nights (September – May) from 6:45 – 8pm.